Wedding Dress Budgeting Wedding Dress Budgeting The wedding gown you select will probably be the most meaningful and expensive piece of clothing you'll ever own. Therefore, shopping for your gown can be not only a highly-charged emotional experience, but also a serious financial commitment. Check out Doduu top tips for keeping your cool when getting the hottest gown around. Steal her secrets for finding a wedding dress that you can save on your wedding dress.
1. Know your price range: Before you set foot in a store, determine your budget, and only view dresses that you can afford. Theres no sense in falling in love with a gown thats beyond your means.
2. Seek out trunk shows: During these special events held at bridal store, a designer shows off her new collection. As an incentive, the store may offer a discount if you buy a dress that day.
3. Snag a slow-selling dress: Several times a year, wedding dress outlet lead with the new dresses by selling their umarketable style at 50 percent off or more. (Factor in the cost of storing the gowns.)
4. Think before you buy: A dress purchased at a steep discount at a one-day super-sale or from an online auction may seem like a steal, but alterations can cost a ton of money if the gown is way too big or small. Make sure a dress fits within reason before letting its low price win you over.
5. Plan ahead: If youre shopping online, start about nine months ahead of the wedding. This way, youll avoid paying rush fees on your orders from the manufacturer and the alterations department.